Free entry into exhibitions and discount in cafe and bookshop
Irish Museum of Modern Art
Dublin Pass Benefits:
10% discount in Irish Museum of Modern Art Cafe & bookshop
The Irish Museum of Modern Art (IMMA) is Ireland's leading national institution for the collection and presentation of modern and contemporary art. Visitors can enjoy a wide range of exhibitions featuring the work of leading Irish and International artists and well as attend free public tours and stroll through stunning 17th century formal gardens.
Please note: Closed 14 - 16 April
- Full programme of temporary exhibitions featuring Irish and International artists
- IMMA Collection containing 3,500+ works shown through temporary exhibitions
- Café itsa@IMMA with homemade food and family-friendly seating area
- Free talks & lectures featuring artists, historians and curators
- Exciting range of books, art and gifts in the IMMA Shop
Did you know
- The Irish Museum of Modern Art is housed in the 17th-century Royal Hospital Kilmainham
- The Royal Hospital Kilmainham is modelled on Les Invalides in Paris
Things to see:
IMMA has a programme of temporary exhibitions, free talks & lectures, family activities and more. Find out what’s on by visiting www.imma.ie
From 21 October: IMMA Collection: Freud Project features a selection of 30 of the Lucien Freud's finest paintings, and 20 works on paper. The works, mainly dating from 1970 onwards, explore several of the artist’s key themes such as Portraiture; Self Portraiture; Still-life; Animals and Nature; works that reflect his interest in the people and the natural world.
As Above, So Below - Portals, Visions, Spirits & Mystics (13 April - 27 August 2017)
Looking at the role of spirituality in visual art, this new exhibition at the IMMA will feature an exciting selection of modern masterworks, contemporary art and new commissions. From abstract painting to the digital age, this exhibition will span a hundred years with works by Kandinsky, af Klint, Kupka, Steve McQueen and Bruce Nauman as well as new commissions by Alan Butler and Linder Sterling.
How to get there:
- Bus: 79, 79a, 145 from Aston Quay to Heuston Station
- LUAS: Red Line to Heuston Station (8 minutes walk via Military Rd)
see the: full list of attractions included
|Tuesday||11.30 - 17.30|
|Wednesday||11.30 - 17.30|
|Thursday||11.30 - 17.30|
|Friday||11.30 - 17.30|
|Saturday||10.00 - 17.30|
|Sunday||12.00 - 17.30 (& Bank Holidays)|
Closed: Mondays, 24th, 25th, 26th and 30th December & 1st January
Loading Map - Please wait...
Royal Hospital, Military Road, Kilmainham, Dublin 8
+353 1 612 9900