Free entry to Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
Dublin Pass Benefits:
Free entry to Glasnevin Cemetery Museum + 20% off tours
Normal Price: Adult: €6.50 ; Child: €4.50
Awarded Best Cultural Experience in Ireland at the Irish Tourism Industry Awards, Glasnevin is now one of Ireland’s most popular visitor attractions and is firmly established on the list of best things to do in Dublin. The story of modern Ireland is told through interactive exhibitions, dramatic re-enactments and daily walking tours.
- ‘City of the Dead’, ‘Prospect Gallery’ and ‘Milestone Gallery’ exhibitions
- Dead Interesting Tour
Did you know
- Glasnevin Museum is the world's first cemetery museum.
- Glasnevin Cemetery is officially known as Prospect Cemetery
- The cemetery originally opened in 1832, and prior to this Irish Catholics had no cemeteries in which to bury their dead
Things to see:
- Visit Daniel O’Connell’s Crypt and iconic round Tower
- Glasnevin’s most visited grave – Michael Collins
- The Cross of Sacrifice in memory of those Irish who fought in World Wars 1 & 2.
- Glasnevin Museum’s ‘City of the Dead’ and fascinating ‘timeline’ interactive exhibit
- Witness history with daily dramatic re-enactments
- Take a short stroll to the Botanic Gardens or have a pint in the Gravediggers pub.
- Craft shop - selling the best of Irish design
- The Tower Cafe
General History Tour: Daily 11.30 & 14.30
Dead Interesting Tour
January & February: Sat - Sun 13.00
March - September: Daily 13.00
Re-enactment: Daily 14.30
It is always advisable to check our website for updates.
Dublin Pass holders get free entry to the Glasnevin Museum as well as 20% off tours, 10% off in the café, and will receive a complimentary €5 Genealogy voucher as well.
How to get there:
- Bus: 40 & 140 from O'Connell Street
see the: full list of attractions included
|September - March|
|Monday||10.00 - 17.00|
|Tuesday||10.00 - 17.00|
|Wednesday||10.00 - 17.00|
|Thursday||10.00 - 17.00|
|Friday||10.00 - 17.00|
|Saturday||10.00 - 17.00|
|Sunday||10.00 - 17.00|
|March - September|
|Monday||10.00 - 18.00|
|Tuesday||10.00 - 18.00|
|Wednesday||10.00 - 18.00|
|Thursday||10.00 - 18.00|
|Friday||10.00 - 18.00|
|Saturday||10.00 - 18.00|
|Sunday||10.00 - 18.00|
Closed: 25th - 27th December
Loading Map - Please wait...
Finglas Road, Dublin 11
+ 353 1 882 6550